1. They know what they are meant to do in life.
Choose a destiny, then. Define your purpose. Chart your course. Once you answer the why, you will have unlocked the first door on the path to constant motivation.
2. They know what they’re supposed to do each day.
Motivation starts infinitely broad, but gets infinitesimally detailed. When you know what you’re supposed to do in life, you can determine what you’re supposed to do each day.
3. They prepare mentally for each day.
Techniques vary, but the principle holds true: Mentally prepping before your day begins is the key to dominating during the day.
4. They refuse to rely on self-discipline alone.
Self-discipline will fail you, but a deep and underlying motivation will sustain you. You can use self-discipline to enhance your efforts, but don’t rely on it.
5. They are the authors of their own rule book.
A self-motivated person has the courage to create his or her own rules for life. High standards can be hard to maintain. Yet they produce massive amounts of motivation, which in turn helps to fuel high achievement.
6. They develop insane goals.
The science of setting goals basically says that the simple act of creating the goal helps to drive the accomplishment.
7. They never lose sight of the goal.
Merely setting a goal does not by itself propel you to an unbreakable stream of a self-motivated existence. You have to keep those goals in mind all the time.